R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - AMBrc Monopoly...
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 07:47 PM
o.s. power
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Merciless
Not that I think amb pricing is right, but let me get this straight.....

To go racing you were/are happy to pay

$400+ plus for a Buggy
$300ish for a motor
$200ish for a Handset
$150min for servo's

Plus alot of other essentials I havent listed, But the extra $100 so you know what laps your turning, where you finished the races etc's is just too much ??

I think what your trying to say is you'd rather spend your money on more bling for your ride which you think makes it look cool ??

I'd love the essentials to be for free, that way I could spend fortunes on the stuff I want too.
I think what you are all forgetting about here is that these things were only $50 a few years ago. In less than 5 years they have doubled in price for absolutely no reason other than the fact that amb have the corner on this market and people will pay for them no matter what because of the conveinence they offer. I thinks its bs too, but also the greatest thing since sliced bread, I never have to worry about getting the house transponder at all. The price jump doesnt correlate with anything else in past years, a good motor runs 300, which was maybe 250 5 years ago, an 1/8 scale kit has jumped maybe $100 in that same time frame. Its total bs and some company should step up to make something better or at least cheaper so that way tracks can spend that saved money on other things to keep themselves alive, tools, more dirt, tables, etc.