R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - orion 30C lipo!
Thread: orion 30C lipo!
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Joel Lagace
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The great thing abou the new "C" rating marketing is that unlike Capacity,IR,Run time and AVERAGE voltage none of us can at this point cycle to test or prove we are gettting what we are sold...

So its very intresting to see this pack come out at 30C just 2C higher then SMC's latest packs.... I guess its going to be a matter of trust..

Personally i would like to see MATCHED LIPO numbers on our packs, as i had said way back when the lipo bandwagon started up would eventualy come back.(you know back when they where maint free,plug and play with no voodoo???? That early adoptors told us would not return because of the differences between lipo and nihm chemistry.)

With cycle numbers the C-rating would be part of it but for our applications a matchign process at 35amps with all the usual data would be ideal for what we need...

I think moving forward there will be demand for standardized testing/matching to show what inside as apposed to glossy logo decals stating that all 20 packs behind the counter are the same... SMC is already doing that now with there packs... Giving the consumer a chance to compare before buying...