R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TQ Racing SX8
Thread: TQ Racing SX8
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Tony Newland
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Hi guys, I've been running my SX8 for a few weeks now since signing up for the TQ team manager.... the car is quite impressive for the cost to say the least, I have built and raced just about everything out there and I can say this car is on par with anyone. The shocks are awesome and the drivetrain is very durable. We will have kits available towards the end of the month. I have changed my car around with several diferent parts selections to test what parts we need for the kits and what parts are just for bling. I dont care for the all aluminum setup myself, it adds weight thats totally unecessary, thats why we pick and choose what we included in the production kits... a balance of weight vs. strength. The production car will have a 7075 milled chassis (1.5oz lighter than the std flat chassis + added durability of 7075) the BB shocks (the car was night and day vs. std bore shocks) threaded hinge pins (e-clips are stupid) 7075 miled shock towers (lighter and stronger once again) the CVDs are completely milled from the factory, super lightweight and the same strength as std ones. ring and pinions are steel, so no need to re-shim constantly until they expload.... My car has almost 2 gallons on it and no re-shim still. The plastic is phenominal..... I dont have anything to complain to the factory about.

Its really a privledge to go to the track and thoroughly abuse my rig and hand it off to other guys wanting to try it without worrying about an hour of wrench time to recover. Its as good of a car as I have ever driven, I'm confident with every second I'm on the track