R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray NT1
Thread: Xray NT1
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 03:03 AM
rcfoolz
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by going4#1
Anyone have a tip for the screws that hold the front pulley to the front axle? Just had another incident where they came loose causing the pulley to come loose and allowing the belt to scape against the ackerman assembly post. That killed the belt and ended the day (no parts at the trackside shop).

This is the second time I've used locktite to keep the screws in.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Rob
Don't feel alone. I had this happen to me once, and to fix this little issue, this is where some time will help. Like with the upright screws, take those little buggers and put some lock-tite one them and let them dry....then very carefully, put a dab of CA on the top edge of the screw head, but make sure that you don't close over the screw hole.. Make sure not to strip them out when you put them in. I had this happen to me and it ripped the bearing seal off when they backed out. Make sure to check that they don't back out for the first few times that you take the car out after doing it.

This is not the recomended way of doing it in the book, but it worked for me when I had them back out.

If you are using the spool/multi-diff, you can use a dab of lock-tite on the aluminum threads on the multi-diff before putting the screw in and then let it dry. this will hold the screw from backing out.