R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CEN Matrix TR
Thread: CEN Matrix TR
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 02:44 PM
TRArena
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ILDRVR
I am installing a back plate on a Cen SH .28 to elliminate the pull start. There is not enough clearance, so I am going to have to dremel the crankshaft. It seems to be imposible to slide the connecting rod off of the crank (I have removed the sleeve). I don't think I should have to remove the piston? Has anyone had this problem and could you please offer some advice?

Thank you
If you can hear a 'grinding' noise when you cycle the piston after putting the sportwerks backplate on, it is most likely to be the 'nub' at the back of the crankshaft hitting the groove or channel on the backplate (i had this happen on two of the backplates). The nub was used previously to 'grab' the slot on the old backplate when using a pull or rotostart system.

Solution is to either
a) slightly dremel the channel on the backplate where it is grabbing (you will see the point this is as the channel will be scratched). Be patient and do small amounts at at time then check clearance by refitting backplate.
b) remove the crankshaft and dremel the nub.

Option a) is easier though a little more time consuming. Whichever one you choose, make sure you flush the dremeled area with a little fuel before each refitting to remove any metal particles.