R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 01:55 PM
robk
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Great idea in getting an interesting and fun class going, I hope it grows and becomes widespread across the country! I'm a midwest transplant from Toledo, now in SC for almost 20years. We tried to get a similar class going a couple of years ago, but it fizzled almost before it started. Now we're trying another round following your rules. Most of us have gone to lipo/bl in our oval and tc racing and hope to find an equivalency formula to allow them, but will start with 27turn stock and 4cell NiMH. Three cars should be ready to race Satlurday!!!

My question is where to get vintage looking stickers for both numbers and sponsors and also how/where do some of the guys get the prototype specific "sets" like the Gurney and Savage 'Cudas?!?!? I sure would like a couple of sets of those!!!

Also, the '69-'70 Mustangs. Oh yeah, I've heard of McCallister and Pegasus Mustang bodies but cannot seem to find any or any pictures. Any leads? HPI bodies are so great (scale) the Parma Mustang looks more like a dirt modified than a TA car. I hope HPI can be convinced to make a '65- '66 and or '67-'68 Mustang Notchback since the '65 and '66 they have now were not elegible to run in the TA.

If you can get me intouch, I'd sure Appreciate it!!!
Great Racing!!

Ned Schmaltz
Parma has a bunch of sticker sets, like the "drag" and "off road" sheets that have a bunch of appropriate sponsor logos. Amazingly enough, Traxxas has a logo sheet that has some good stuff on it. If you look, it is in a lot of hobby shops.

The rest of my stuff is a collection of old sheets from different bodies and probably discontinued stickers.

I know some of the coolest stuff was actually custom made.