R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 01:34 AM
jontang001
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TryHard
here we go...

Droop;
This is the term used for measuring the overall downwards travel of the suspension. You set it by adjusting the set screws in the lower arms. I tend to use a gauge to set (flat against the chassis, and then read off the value underneath the outer hinge pin), although there are other methods (at least two I can think of).

Rebound;
This is the term used for measuring how much rebound your shocks have. To set this remove the shock from the car, take off the springs, then push the shaft into the shock body. You'll see that the shaft should move back out of it's own accord when you let go. Thats rebound.
You can vary it by setting the piston to a certain position in the shock when you build the shocks. To set rebound, leave the piston at the bottom of the shock body, and pore the oil on top. Remove all the air by gently pushing the piston up and down, then leave stand for a while (or use a shock pump). When you can't see ay air bubbles in the oil, Hold the shock body, and push the shaft in too your required rebound level (Make sure that your pushing equal amounts of shaft up per shock... there are a few tricks you can use here that I'll mention later on with piccies). Then place the diaphram on top, taking care not to a) adjust the piston position b) introduce air into the shock. Carry on building the shock, and when you push the piston in, you shoulc have your desired level of rebound

For full rebound, just leave the piston at the bottom of the shock body during building.

HiH
Ed
Thank you Ed!!! My Master...
Now I see the rebound of the shock.
But I still have some question about this topic, please help...

What is the gauge in the HUDY set use for?
In their menu, it says that it is a downstop gauge...so what is the relation between rebound and downstop?
I always refer those setup sheet in your homepage (Thard.co.uk...the awesome homepage), in the sheet, you always talking about "droop" value. So, how you measurement droop value?
Were you defined downstop as a reference to adjust droop?
Or, it was equal to etchother?
What is your rebound of shocks? Full rebound?
If someone says my rebound is 4mm, is that means he push the shock pin in 4mm into the shoch from bottom?

Sorry!!! too much question...but I really want to figure it out...thanks for your help in advance!!!