R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - integy sny good?
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 11:11 AM
OTE_TheMissile
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

One guy on another forum got some Integy aluminum bulkheads for his T-Maxx, first time he rolled it the shock tower took its mounting ears clean off. Literally looked like they'd been machined away, I've never seen aluminum break that cleanly before. And it broke in the strangest place; normally when you do that the break goes through the holes for the bottom screw on each side, which makes sense because that's where there's the least material. His broke where the mounts met the core area of the bulkhead, above the differental. I've got a Maxx myself and I didn't even realize what was broken until he pointed it out.

Then he reads over the warranty info (as well as posts a copy of it on the forum) and after some legal-ese deciphering we all came to the conclusion that the warranty ends basically when you install it in the truck. Really the only way you could ever return something to them was if you got it in the mail and immediately realized you had the wrong part.

I buy a vast majority of my tools from regular hardware stores (and I get brands like WiHa, Craftsman, etc.), and I've never had reason to buy a charger that does anything but charge batteries, so I can't really make any calls on that. But I do know their aluminum parts are GARBAGE, both through hearing the horror stories and looking at them myself as a mechanical engineer, they aren't very well designed at all. And if one sector of their production is that bad, how much of my faith can I really put into their other products?