Old 04-30-2008, 08:06 AM
88crewchief
Tech Adept

Default Preceding criticism with "Don't take this the wrong way" doesn't make it ok!

Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
don't take this the wrong way, but i just watched a 4 minute race video and have no idea of what the track layout was.

follow the leaders for a few laps please. thanks.
Ok, I tried to be proactive with this response and put more than an hour between the stimulus (reading the previous post) and response (writing this post).
First guys were bashing the condition of the track and now my video? My purpose at the track is to watch my son race and help him with his car. I take pictures and video because I enjoy doing it. In the past three weekends at the track I have taken more than 1000 pictures. You did not watch a 4 minute race video you watched a 4 minute video of a day of racing. It was a compilation of several races throughout the day as well as a few selected pictures. I spent almost 4 hours of my Sunday going through pictures and video and putting this together because I thought people would enjoy seeing some highlights of the days events. I didn't realize at the time I was making a video for drivers to scout the track.

My only conection with the track is that my son races there and I consider Q to be a friend. When I volunteer my time to help with the track, video, pictures, etc I would prefer either a good job, thanks, etc. or no comment at all rather than criticism. I am sure most other volunteers feel the same.
-me-