R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Tekin Prez
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
so are you saying that this unit will not perform as good with other brand motors? novak/lrp/sp work great with any brand (sensor)motor , just wondering i spend money on it.
I was really being a coy. It works excellent with all brands of motors. We have tested pretty much all of them. We might even drive their motors better than they do

Originally Posted by or8ital
What do you mean by "gearing is more realistic"?
This may get confusing when we talk about our motors. Our slotless sensorless motors are lower KV with a lot of torque and require larger pinions. Really nice feel for offroad and mod TC with amazing power all the way to the top.

Our sensored slotted roar legal motors are very close to the others and will be geared about the same. Our 13.5 and 17.5 match up closely, as they are suppose to because of the stock and super stock rules being pretty specific. We did slow down our mod motors a little because the super high kv's are hard to deal with and we like the feel of more torque.

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
when will the RS be available, again?

Will an RS w/ 13.5 be as fast as an RS PRO with 13.5?
They are on the floor and being assembled currently. First production runs always take a little longer to get going. We will be shipping units to a few drivers this week including some going to the carpet oval nats. If all continues to go well we should be rolling them out the door very soon.

I do not expect any speed difference between a RS and RSpro with a 13.5 or any motor. Technically the resistance is lower in the pro, but I doubt you will see it on the track since both are extremely low. The pro is for handling more power.

Originally Posted by iceman76
no heatsink and a fan only in the highest of ambient temperature under the most strenuous situations like outdoor TC with 3.5's,etc.
Everything has limits. It is very impressive how well it performs without a heatsink or fan. There are situations where it may need a fan on the solder posts or at least some airflow and a dual cap. Mike Dumas could not thermal it on carpet with a 3.5, but in the summer heat on blacktop we will see... The 10.5 and slower should not ever be any problem.

Quality fets, a lot of them, switching them really efficiently and great pcb designs and quality.

We drive them everyday on our carpet track and they have been perfect. We are soooo stoked and proud to share them with you all.

Tekin Prez