R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Former Optima racer, lots of questions
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 04:53 AM
davets
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys. A relative is building a track on his property and the family is getting into the R/C thing because of it. He has an old RC-10 and and a newer version of the Associated but I can't remember what its called right now. One of the relatives just bought an E-Maxx. I will be racing on that track and have no plans of moving to sanctioned racing again. I remember being able to bash my Optima and still dominate at the local track. I'll be doing as much bashing as racing I guess.
Back when I raced my Optima my little brother had a Subaru Brat that he built a complete plow setup for out of brass. He also hand built an aluminum car trailer with a sloping tail and tire rack up front. We would go to the races and load my Optima onto the car trailer away from the sight of the other racers and spectators. He would then pull me to the starting line after most racers had already lined up. I would then back my Optima off of the trailer and take my place in line while my bro drove off. The spectators loved it and the other racers hated it. I would then go on to take 1st in nearly every race I was in. That was back when the competition was made up of Hotshots and when Yokomo had a awesome car. Ahhh, the old days.