R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why Losi is making me an Associated Fan
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 07:36 PM
anomaly
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have the same parts issues with my local shop. If you aren't bashing with a traxxas or hpi, they don't have the part and refuse to stock them. Ironically, I've had them order stuff for me and I can always get it through amain or the other e-tailers a few days quicker than they do. I suspect they let the orders accumulate for whenever the guy has a chance to order.

I've owned a few HPI kits as well. They were fine but I didn't buy them to race, I bought them to strap the biggest engines imaginable and take to parking lots to draw people to the hobby.

I'm interesting in you racing your NT/AD with the onroad classes. Is that just an outlaw class at your local track or what? Sounds like it was fun.

Originally Posted by Eccentric
Holy crap!!! With all the 'HPI vs Losi' and other peeing matches going on I thought I'd stumbled into the Junior High section (AKA the Monster Truck Forum).

I am very happy with the performance of my XXX-NT AD2. Still sorting out my XXX-4. Parts support for the AD2 is terrible at my local shops, and little better for the XXX-4. "We don't have it in stock". We'll have to order it..."

Thinking about getting a XXX-T MF2 or CR for my daughter to race. Might get an Associated RC10-T4FT instead as it's cheaper and parts support is better in my area.

For poops-'N'-grins, I raced the AD2 last weekend on road (with dirt tires no less, as foam premounts aren't available for the AD2) at a local Hobbytown parking lot race. A punk kid driving a Firestorm kept hacking me (and everybody else), and eventualy hacked me into a barrier for some popped-ball-cup action. After a quick pop-on-fix, still managed second place even after dropping a lap. How's that for Losi vs HPI?