R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Barracuda from Alex racing
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2003, 06:46 PM
Randy Caster
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Back from parking lot racing today, went pretty well. I am not used to track temps getting this hot, they exceeded 150 degrees, it was hot as heck. I didn't want to change my setup from SoCal, so I ran as is. First qualifier in expert stock I started on the last line, made it up to about 3'rd place when 4'th decided to plow through everyone and the front of my body got crushed in and was rubbing on the wheel. I had to pull it over and pop the body back out, put me back to last place. I was able to catch up to 5th place, but 4'th and up were out of sight.

Second Qualifier, I tried running Sorex 32R tires in the rear, with 36 in front, the back end was a little loose in the first qualifier, so I wanted to try to get a little more traction. Well with the hot track temps, the 32's just sucked, started 1'st, but made my way back to last place by the time the race was over.

In the Main, I started on the last row, running 36R's all around again I had good traction again. Tangled with the back of the pack for a while, but was finally able to break through them and made my way up to the 3'rd place racer. We went about 3 minutes of racing within a second of eachother, I would pass him, he'd pass me back, and so on. Finally I was able to pass him as he hit one of the track borders, and I was gone from that point on. Unfortunately 1'st and 2'nd had run away from us, I was able to catch up to 3 seconds from 2'nd by the end of the race.

Only thing I need to replace... once more... the spur gear. That thing goes quick. I'm getting the PAL system for sure.