R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Twister foam tires
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Jamie Corrado
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racer Z
This weekend was suppose to be the first RC PRO SERIES RACE of the season but had to be canceled. I got to the track on Friday to get some testing done with the twister tires. The track was covered with pollen so I used 35 fronts and 37 rears. The car was simply awesome. The feed back that I received from the twisters were positive and consistent from 60mm to 55 mm. Although the race was called all the racers were still eager to run so we still ran the race just without trophies. I started off by using 42/45 because the track had just been sprayed and the grip was high!! I was able to post a time 4 seconds off of the TQ pace even with a very slow motor. The car was working so well in the infield that I made up the horsepower difference with corner speed!! Thank you Twister!! So in the second qualifier I tried to tune the motor for more power but stripped a gear on what was going to be my TQ run about 3 minutes in. In that qualifier I ran 35/37 and all I could say was wow. My car was insane in the infield If only I had more power!! So at the end of the day!! I tuned the motor and it was ballistic. I was ready for the main but the weather was not on our side the following day So the top 3 spots where dominated by Twister Tires in the following order!!

Jamie Corrado
Guy Hood
Melvin Aulston

I would like to thank Kevin @ Twister for all of the support and DJ Apolaro for the tech help. Also thanks to my teammates Guy Hood and Jamie Corrado!!
Melvin,
Good runs all weekend. Keep up the hard work; it is paying off.

Originally Posted by teamgp
Thank you Twister (and Kevin)!

As Melvin said, the tires really worked well. This was the first time I ran them at our track (301 Raceway) where the grip was high and they performed flawlessly without a hint of traction rolling on soft shores. The rims didn't warp and chunking was never a problem. I ran them from diameters 62.5/60.5 down to 54/55 without any handling issues.

Great tires at a great price!

Congrats to Jamie on the TQ at our first race of the season and Melvin for his podium spot.
Guy,
You are the man! Period.
I know my baby has a good new home.

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Congrats guys for the good run this weekend. People are starting see how good the Twister Tires are. I know that I have enjoyed the performance and now others are also. Twister Tires USA takes 1,2,3 at 301 rc raceway. Not bad for the start of your season. Good luck in the up and coming events.

DJ Apolaro
DJ,
We had a really good time and the finishing order was the bonus. Wish you were there, always a blast hanging and racing with you.

Originally Posted by G87z
Will the Twister tires fit the Mugen MTX-3?

Thank you,
Yes, they will fit.

I would like to thank Kevin Hutchinson, the main man behind Twister Tires USA for the continued support and an outragious product. Thank you!