R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 06:58 PM
halfempty
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by trailranger
The D/R is a good adjustment to use. It will keep your front tires from oversteering too rapidly. Once your tires lose grip and are tires scrubing your car fails to continue to steer and pushes to the outside of the turn. Then when the car slows down from the scrubing it will violently steer since the wheels are still turned. Sometimes you are lucky and can catch the car, but most times people are on the throttle when the car suddenly turns.

When I set up my car I center the servo saver, then set the Endpoints to be almost at the limits of the physical left and right steering.

Then when I get to the track I set the D/R to be just enough to make the tightest turn.

When driving and I notice the $150 ultra high-speed speed sevro is turning the wheels faster than the car react and scrubing the tires I then adjust the servo speed slower. Not all radios have servo speed adjustment, but then again not all racers have ultra fast servos either.

To give an example of how much servo travel and speed is needed I'll point out my oval radio settings on a 170' runline oval.

EPA 105% L 98% R
D/R 38%
Servo Steer Speed 40%
Servo Return Speed 60%
This is exactly what my car is doing, but I used the steering exp to adjust for it. I will definately try similar settings you have to see what works best. I use a futaba 9602 servo by the way. I thank all of you for your help and your quick replies.