R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 20 Minute Electric Main Li-Po Truck Class
Old 04-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Cain
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by party_wagon
I don't know yet. I've had too much other stuff on my plate to really spend a good weekend tuning & racing the car. Check the dimensions on those 10c packs. Truerc.net was saling loose 10c 8kmah 3.7volt cells for like $20 b4 they redid them to fit r/c cars. If they are the same pack then they may not fit properly into a truck. If you are looking for a cheap pack & don't want to go the a123 rought then you may just want to look at the truerc.net 10c 2s 8kmah pack. They run for like $80 w/ plugs & everything.
Here is a pic of the pack that goes at a buy price for about $60:

Specifications:

4-cell Lithium Polymer 8000mAh Rechargeable Battery Pack
Pack Configuration: 2S1P
Capacity: 8000mAh
Voltage: 7.4V nominal
Wire Gauge: 12
Number of Cells: 4
Maximum Continuous Discharge Rate: 10C
Maximum Burst Discharge Rate: 20C
Connector: 3-pin balancer tab
Dimensions: 45mm x 28mm x 145mm
Weight: 380 grams ( 13.5Oz)
Maximum Continuous Current: 80 Amps

The dimensions are almost identical, with the last length dimension being 5mm longer than the TrueRC pack. If the max burst rating is anything accurate, these are rated better than the TrueRC pack at the burst level (15C versus 20C). I think there listing cell configuration is wrong however. should be 2S2P I am thinking.

I am thinking of trying these if my current source doesn't get in any packs that would fit the size I need.

MikeL: For the RC Pro Series event you attend, what motors were you using with the sidewinders?