R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2003, 07:51 PM
IMPACTPLAYR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ok guys I need set-up help!!!

Today at the newly paved lacal outdoor track I experienced a severe off-ower push. The car would start off feeling good for the first minute and then develope an off-power push which progressively got worse as the race went on culmnating in me popping a front arm because I couldn't get the car to turn in fast enough. I would have to hit the brakes before the turn and then start powering thru the turn sooner to get it to rotate....... I ended up going to a shorter front chamber link, and adding a little more rear droop which gave me another 30 seconds before the push reoccurred...... I am thinking that my shock oil is too soft which is creating good reartraction, but allowing the Jaco Purple on the back to heat up a little too much which in-turn as the race goes on adds rear traction....

I am running 57 pistons in the front and 55 in the rear with 40 weight oil in all 4 shocks.... which equates to 50 weight front and 30 weight rear and 56 pistons on all 4..... with my curent piston seection....57/55 what oils would you all start with... and what other changes would you suggest???

BTW: here is my starting set-up which works well when it's cooler.... now tract temps are reaching 120deg on the asphalt 85-95 ambient...... http://www.losiboard.com/..\scripts\...hp?&setup_id=9