R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Grade my B44 build!
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Zerodefect
Tech Champion

Cool, thanks for the replies.

Everyone agrees that I need a better servo so thats cool. I'll add that to my list. Ko propo or Airtronics. I'm going to look at the Ko, thanks for the tip. I've never ever had trouble with Airtronics so its hard to pry me away from thier stuff.

I'm going to hang on to the M8 as long as I can. Since I have the switch module and xxtra rx, I can just set it to an oddball frequency nobody at our track ever has and not worry about crystals. I've never seen anyone at my track run channel 88 so I leave it there for check in. By the time the M11 gets replaced by the MXX, I'll probally be in the market for a radio. Still lots of M8's at my track. I've never glitched yet!

Suprized about the anti Mamba guys. There is a guy running an undergeared MM 7700 in a b4 buggy 2wd and its plenty smooth. Never gets hot. The thing I like about them is their durability and replacement cost ($50 to replace/repair a burnt speed control) I'm hard on equipment. ( I still seal my reciever in a balloon wrap it in foam and zip tie it to a piece of lexan then shoe glue the lexan down to the chassis, way over kill. I balloon my servos to.)

I'll look into the LRP and Novak units some more. I don't mind the price difference. The MM deos seem to work, so unless I find something compelling I'll stick to the MM5700.

I saw alot of Proline holeshots at the track today so I'll probaly stick to those.