R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Corally RDX Phi
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Josh Hohnstein
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
I have a question for you guys. I've have been struggling to get my Phi to turn. Impresme was nice enough to provide me with his setup to try out and while I was making the changes last night, I noticed something. The steering throw is quite a bit less than my other cars. I had the same problem with my BD (wouldn't turn) because of steering throw. I changed the chubs and knuckles to HB parts and now it turns great. I compared the BD and 416 to the Phi and noticed the outside wheel has about 10 degrees less angle and the inside looks about 5 degrees. I'm just guessing those numbers from looking at it but whatever the number, it's very noticeable. I wanted to know what you guys thought about that? And also what some of you might have done to get more angle? That alone may solve my problem.
I have seen 1 guy do this.........I don't think it is necessary.

If your running a spool your just asking for trouble with bone chatter.
I would suggest spending your time finding a setup that doesn't require a lot of wheel angle to get around the track.

Too much wheel angle will give you a car that is hard to drive, kills the front tires and is off the pace.

If possible post your setup, track conditions, tires and the problem your having and i'll make sure we get your problem figured out.