R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4
Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Pattojnr
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroWD
1647g is with frt wheels at 59mm and rear wheels at 61mm; no body & no nitro.
will try to weigh my car again with body next week...i dont have a weighing scale at home. gotta weigh it at my workplace.

with body i'll be expecting about 1740 or so...right? if that's the case i'll be safe from the legal limit of 1725g.
maybe i can drop a few more grams with plastic pulleys.
dependant on how much paint is on the body, how many stickers and holes cut out, expect around 100g approx for a body. so you shold be closer to the 1750g weight, but do keep an old set of tires, then true them down to minimum size, and keep them for weighing the car.
when getting the car down in weight, it allows us to add it. now a tweak station, or the hudy setup woth scales is a good tool to be using to work out where to add the weight. if the car is left heavy, then add to the right of the chassis. simple alloy stick on weights are good for this. just make sure the surface is clean , then stick them on. the trick is to get a good balanced car, left to right, then if you need more weight added, you can stick it up front for a little more steering.. etc...