R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - IDM Products?
Thread: IDM Products?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 03:51 AM
xspower
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
Just want to share my thought with you here.

Yes, Picco is back in business, but if it wasn't for Serpent, they would have been out of business....
it had all to do with Serpent trusting there Mega engine line to Picco, when Picco had there .21 P7R, and Serpent came with the Mega ZX engines, which both where not really good....

Then the ZX21 DSII and P7R Evo2 came, it was only then that IDM also switched to Picco, and even Stefano Solaroli...

In the .12 engines the same happend, only after the DSII engines came, IDM and JL came with there Picco based engines....

Now Picco is giving Serpent a hard time with there engine line, the very manufacturer which maybe saved them from bankruptcy...

I can speak a bit about this subject. I do not know the dealings with Serpent about the Mega line and I am sure that if anyone would know the truth on if they have been given a hard time we would never know. Picco though would not have been bankrupt they had been producing the engines for Ofna for almost 20 years and there production is quite high on the scale of percentages. The switch from Nova to IDM for Daniele was based on more things other then the fact that the Mega line was or was just coming out. Daniele has been working with them for some time. So I would not say that Serpent saved Picco, I would say that more business is good though by any viewpoint. I can remember when the original Mega line was Picco made and they steered away from them for years and went to Nova and some how Picco managed to stay in business. Ans also remember that the Mega is a crankcase for Serpent only no one else shares that case. And the P7 evo2 was out for quite a while. The Mega's came out and made people say wow Picco may be something to look at.