R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2003, 02:22 AM
Herminator
Tech Elite

Default Re: SETUP

Originally posted by FUK_WRX
Hello guys i need help on some setting up my R1, im running on a big open track with a fair amount of traction can you give me some set up tips like shock oil, camber, toe-in, springs, body to use ?? Im going to use sorex 24R all around.

Apart from that can you give me an ideal gearing for a stock, im currently going to use a Trinity Monster 27t.

Hope you guys can help it will be the first time i use the barracuda and im am very unfamiliar with its characteristics. Im preety damn sure it will handle diffrently from my Tamiya 414M
Not sure exactly on setup, try a fairly basic setup first, the stock setup has been a good starting point for all tracks with my R2.
Sorex make good tyres but I like to stick to Take Off's CS range, I've seen Sorex go off after one or two runs, Take Off's last a long time if your car is setup well.

Gearing is hard to say without seeing the track, last time I used a stock motor outside it was at around an overall ratio of 7.0 but that was with a Matrix V10R, which is quite a revvy motor like the Monster, but that track was average size with only one straight. On tha same track I gear a 19t Matrix at 6.05 and it flies