R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - STS engines
Thread: STS engines
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 05:52 AM
tkhoo
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Originally Posted by white03
I know that engine temps are a guidline and sometimes over emphisized. But after running the truck around (the mammoth st, that's where the engine is in) Coming down from running around I check the temp and the engine is making a funny sound...I would assume I could be running lean. Whats the best way to tune a nitro engine?......tune low speed first, or hi speed needle first? I'm just trying to get this right.
retune your engine........this might can help......set your high and low speed needler to 3 turn out from close. Warm up the engine by running around half of the tank.Drive in n fill up the tank...........then start tune your high speed needler with WTO n makesure got smoke out from the pipe till you feel it top speed n everytime you lean the high speed needler make sure check the temp too. Later on set the low speed needler..........let the car fully stop and wait for 5 second n WTO see the accerelation......lean it till you feel it accerelate fast n no bogging too...........then rich up 1/8. Then idle needler

Guys, correct me if I am wrong...........