R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why Losi is making me an Associated Fan
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 07:37 PM
anomaly
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah, from an engineering standpoint, I'm sure some of the same brains are still there or at very least much of the fundamental research. The spacer thing ticks me off because the hubs are deep enough (despite the post on this thread to the contrary) to hold a deeper thread connection but the manual has you space it three spacers high. So I break two of them in two runs and was pretty torqued about it.
Then one of the brainiacs at the track helping me to tune my truck had an interesting observation. "Well, perhaps the setup included is for the types of drivers that have seldom/if ever rolled the vehicle like you have"
Aside from that being a passive agressive stab at my driving skills, I do see a good point in that the guys that probably created that setup are way better drivers than I'll ever be and are on completely different terrain.

Still, I hate that in my searches, even on this forum -- I haven't even seen the famed XXX-T cr thread, just one of the buggy. I'd love to get some feedback for southeast, loamy clay + humid/moist outdoor driving conditions on a rough 1/8th scale designed track.

I'm sure horizon is seeing dollar signs in the rtr market but they have to be careful to not sacrifice support.. I have no problem with them trying to cash out, at least when traxxas did it their support rose to meet the higher needs of all those backyard bashers turned racer wannabes like me.