R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Anyone know much about an OFNA failsafe?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 02:29 PM
new to rc cars
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
I don't know much about that failsafe but I think that you can choose the "home" position of the servo. That said, I would leave it the way it is. The failsafe's primary function is to move the servo to neutral if something interrupts the radio's signal or power. If you get a glitch and the failsafe kicks in it might take you a little while to figure it out. In that time you would be at risk of cooking a throttle servo if it were stalled under load for too long. It's better for the servo if the failsafe just sets it to neutral. The car will stop on it's own quickly enough.
the way its set up now is when a glitch happens, it puts MAX brake on for about .75 seconds... i kinda wish it would hold the brake for a good 3 or 4 seconds until i know the car is completely stopped, but youre right, thats good enough and im sure thats why they made it like that.

I read the manual and did everything it said, but I was still kinda scared I did something wrong and thats why it wasnt performing like I wanted it to.

thanks.