R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2003, 04:17 AM
kt racing
Tech Fanatic

Sorry for my ignorance, but how do you make that determination (which bar to use for which track)? The track I run has wide open banked sweepers with a tight infield, so I am sort of looking for a little of each. Would switching to an upper sway bar help with the sweeper but hurt transition quickness? How would that change the balance of the car (i.e. front bar only)?
Granted, I am just starting out with the car and I am a poor driver to begin with (but improving). I am just trying to see how mounting the bar higher (or lower) would affect the balance of the car at that end. I know there are a ton more settings I need to learn about, I was just trying to determine where I should start with the sways, that's all.
I guess with me It would depend on how big the sweepers are and if I was actually going to lose that much time on them. But most of the time you will make the most time up on people in the infield. So I would set the car up to take the tight corners and it should still handle good on the sweepers. So use the the lower swaybars front and rear. You also asked about using one on the front or just one on the rear. Using just one on the front gives you more rear traction. And using just one on the rear gives you more front steering. I would try to stay away from using just one. But see what works for you and your driving style.