R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - A New Category Is Born : 1/10 GPR !!
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 10:58 PM
asw7576
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Get together with leaf blowers, clean the track, lay down traction additive or soda/suger water and you will be fine. Hell get the track sealed while your at it and things will be fine.
Some people don't want to pay sugar water when they play or practice, but they expect other people to pay for that.

The amount of sugar water sprayed onto the track determine the level of grip. $20 bucks worth of sugar water is not the same grip as $40 buck gets.

To use wider tires or standard tires, is people choice. Nevertheless, wider tires help to control the car become easier to drive, especially when grip is limited.

To use OS.18TZ or .12 engines, again is people choice. You don't have to laugh to see people with OS18TZ in their car. ( Coz, you are not going to see them anyway on sunday race ).

RC is anybody hobby. Some people have RC hobby for serious racing. Some people have RC hobby for self satisfaction ex. modify car to the ultimate. Some people have RC hobby for bashing and get the most fun from it, and there are more other reasons to have RC as a hobby. As for myself, I play RC for serious racing ( but not that serious ) while getting the most fun from it. Only time will tell GPR class will live or not. Personally, I think GPR class could be fun to drive.