R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Bringing the hobby mainstream
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 04:01 PM
OG RC 10T
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edumakated
So this is the kind of stuff that keeps people out of the hobby.

Last Friday I blew out a bearing in one of my steering blocks. Of course, the RC8 uses a size that no other mfg seems to use, so I can't find it anywhere. I call around to a few shops, some as far as 30 miles away to see if they have this particular $5 bearing in stock. Not a single one has it in stock and I get the "we can order it" line. Hell, I can order it too! If I wanted to order it, I would have just gone to Tower and been done with it.

So what do I do? Order it from Tower. I ordered on Saturday and I don't get till Wednesday since they can't ship till Monday. I get home all excited today because I can finally drive my car and really want to go to the track tomorrow after work. I open my mail and what do you know? I ordered the wrong friggin size bearing. The picture on the website was confusing I thought I was getting a multi pack of the ones I needed, instead of a single bearing. So now, it is Wednesday evening which means no way in hell I am going to get bearings in time for planned outing tomorrow. Sure enough, none of the hobby shops has this stupid little bearing in stock yet. Best case scenario is that I get the bearings in Saturday, but it will likely be too late by the time the mail man arrives for me to make it to the track for open practice which basically means best case scenario is I might get to drive my car on Tuesday when the track reopens.

Argghhh...got my car all prepped and retuned to run and she sits collecting dust because I can't find this stupid little bearing anywhere. Very frustrating.

I understand your fustration. Your part is not one that many lhs stocks because it may not be a part that needs replacing that often. Just a thought. You admited that you ordered the wrong part, its not the hobbys fault.

Though this may not be cost effective for everyone, but it may not hurt to order two of them or a couple of parts that you have known to break and wear out and keep them on hand. Just a thought.