R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Practice Options
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 01:59 PM
syndr0me
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pug 205 gti
After browsing the electrics most recent posts ive just noticed you started the rdx phi thread.i take it youve had quite a few 1/10 tourers in your time?
I know you have been bitten by the tamiya bug and gone 416 now.i,m still living in the past with the msx mre.
Any chance of you sharing your opinions on your previous tourers?
as ive only has the msx and the tc4.thanks
Well, I'm no expert, so I'm not sure my opinion on sedans is more valid than anybody else's, but...

I started with the RDX and drove it for 2+ years. It was a fine car, and put up with a lot of abuse as I learned the ropes. I eventually gave it up for a Type-R, because I was big into LiPo and brushless, and wanted a car that was designed for it. I gave up the Type-R pretty quickly because I was never fond of how it handled, especially on rubber tires. There are guys that go amazingly fast with that car, but I just couldn't make it work for me. I decided to go with the 416 because there were things I'd heard and seen from the Phi I wasn't real keen on, and because I wanted to do something new. So far, I'm feeling pretty confident that I'll stick with Tamiya for a long while. I think a lot of people overlook them because they're associated with so many non-race cars, but the TRF sedans are awesome. I couldn't be more pleased with my choice.