R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 05:37 AM
billjacobs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default my thoughts

This has to be said:
Looking at his posts, RocketRob40 is not a kid, but he has the "change the rules and start new classes for me" mentality that seems to be common among the "me" generation kids who feel entitled to whatever they want. He also assumes that many people support his point of view, because it is his view, and he is right, dammit.

The post that said if you don't like the class, start your own is 100% right. The dilution of classes in r/c has gotten out of control. If you want to race, then you have to follow the rules, not have the rules changed to include you.

At our track, a good driver with a tb02 routinely beats xrays, trf tamiyas, etc in the trans-am class. The speed of the class and the tire's lower grip level negates some of the handling advantages of the newer chassis designs. Not all of them, but a good driver can easily overcome those.

And by the way, in r/c racing, tires have by far the largest impact on handling, and saying otherwise is just foolish. Since all of the tires in trans-am are the same, the next impact on handling is suspension setup, not how new the chassis is. Shocks, droop, swaybars, and other suspension setup variables can be utilized on virtually any chassis to get decent handling response, whether your chassis is stiff or flexible, etc.

In short, to those who continually want the rules bent to suit them, if you don't like the rules, race in another class, or don't race at all, you choice. BUT STOP RUINING THE FUN FOR EVERYONE ELSE