R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 11:33 PM
RocketRob40
Suspended

Originally Posted by robk
I don't think we are looking for something we can win at. We are looking for something we can race and have fun at. I have had plenty of losses in T/A. I have also laughed and had more fun on the drivers' stand in 5 or so months than I have in probably 10 years. I have seen more old faces coming out of the woodwork than I ever have. I have also seen more new guys than I have in years, and more spectators too.

Touring cars are cheap and easy to get, if you look around- Especially the plastic chassis cars. I listed all the outdated cars I have been beaten by. An unnamed Corally team driver was beaten (ahem) by a local with a Tamiya car at our track. Yeah, if he keeps at it, the Corally guy will be real fast in the class. The point, though, is that everybody has a fighting chance in there. And the cool factor is so high, we all enjoy the racing and have a ton of laughs, but still compete. Things would not be taking off like this if something was not going right.

So basically we want to grow what is working. Not that there isn't room for other stuff out there, but why not go with the momentum that has built?
Thanks for the mature reply. It was much appreciated.

And as I said..... "If that's what you'll be happy running, fine I'm happy for ya.
But make sure all of you guys defending everything set aside check back and chime in this time next year (and make sure you're all running all your old gear, and haven't upgraded)."

No harm, no foul.............

Last edited by RocketRob40; 04-11-2008 at 11:51 PM.