R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 06:14 PM
boscoj
Tech Adept

enthusiastic noob reply,

On our short tight medium grip local track guys are running Parma pxxx(edit-purple) fronts and white/grey rears. But they're also shaving/truing the crap out of them. Jack the Gripper is the sauce of choice.

I haven't broken very much in my 1st month of 12th scale (RC12L4) except bodies, a lower control arm, an .063 t-bar and a servo saver.

I have noticed the Associated front springs start to sag after a couple of weeks so I have a bunch of those.

Ballcups for the tie rods seem to enlarge after many hard slams into the wall as do the pivot balls. Not sure if it's pivot balls or control arms, probably a bit of both. Also the bearings supplied with the RC12L4 kit are pretty bad. A "guy" at the track recommended the ceramics from rc4less.com and they are miles better and resonably priced.

I don't know what the Hot Bodies kit comes with but I got the Ti fr axles and screw kit from Lunsford.

I'm now monitoring my diff rings and balls. I was thinking I would break them in with some moly assembly lube from Red Line, get some nice smooth grooves worn in the rings. Seems to be working well but I'm sure many will pooh pooh this idea. That being said the belville washer on the thrust cone seems to be losing some of it's spring making it difficult to adjust.

The stock shock seems to be a weak point so I got the body/cap upgrade from CRC, seems to work very well. Also plenty of CRC front end shims are a must for the noob without the budget for a tire truer/budget to blast new tires within mm's of their usable life.

That's about it for me really, except for a bad rx from my old 2PL, perfect upgrade opportunity . . .

Originally Posted by potloodslijper
Hi,

I'm going to order a Hot Bodies C12 this week, with some spares, servo, packs,... but which spares are important? I know the front wheel shafts and T-bars are must haves for this car.
But my main question is: which tires (Jaco) are best for modified racing on indoor medium bite carpet? For 19T racing, Purple-Grey is good, some people also said yellow is very good for the rear. Or has anyone a sort of document about 12th scale tires?

Last edited by boscoj; 04-11-2008 at 11:11 PM.