R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)
Old 04-10-2008, 10:32 AM
dodgeguy
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Three
One more question Rick. Isn't a handout motor included in the entry fee for the stock classes?
Not anymore. It pays for plane tickets for the ROAR to come out and run the race, and we get a T shirt.

I think the price is way to high myself for what we get in return. Plus now this throws a twist in the stock classes. Now motor tuners can pick and choose the fastest stock motor and save it for the Nationals. At least with handout motors it was more fair. Plus you get a motor.

If we look at the last carpet Nat's it is safe to say there was about 290 entries X $80 entry fee + $23,200 to run an event. I do not know about you all but that is alot of money for a RC car race. I know the track gets some money and they should. But I would rather have a lower race fee or get some products I am going to use and only have 1 ROAR official. Let the home track run the race.

When I went to the 2001 Stock Offroad Nat's we atleast got some tires with the entry and a t shirt

I was at the Carpet Nats and it was ran OK. Not really any better than some local clubs I have been to for a large race.