R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2008 1/12th Euros, Germany
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 10:30 AM
radio_car_racer
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
CRC has been drawn into this mess and they need to step up and explain their side, along with this Bachofner guy, whether they want to or not. I'm hoping that CRC had no knowledge of this before hand, the backlash will hurt their company here in the US....

here's a reply from Frank @ CRC he's posted in a UK fourm.

Hello Gentlemen,

I am currently gathering information regarding this wheel issue. I will reply here after I gather information.

Here is some factual information in the meantime:

1 - I do know that all the US manufactures were e-mailed by ROAR on 3/19/2008 regarding oversized wheels in 1:12th scale. Manufactures on this list were Parma, Jaco, CRC and BSR. We were alerted to check our wheels as some manufactuers were too large. Ours were re-checked and found to be within the rules.

2 - Hoeco Modellbau is the mainland European distributor for CRC. Robert Bachofner is not the distributor for CRC in Europe. Robert is not employed by CRC nor Hoeco.

3 - CRC had no part in the official protest. We had our chance to officially protest at the ROAR Nationals and chose not too.

I will gather some information and report with an offical statement from Calandra Racing Concepts.

Regards,
Frank Calandra
President
Calandra Racing Concepts, Inc