R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 02:29 PM
blue247carz
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by birdman
Guys, I need help with my Cyclone, why when I setup my car and check my toe-in for the rear wheels the reading is not the same from left to right. I am using a 3.0* pivot block for the rear but the reading can be left 3.0* and right 1.5*. Isn't it suppose to bothe side reads 3.0* if my pivot block is 3.0*? Is this something that I need to worry about or can I just ignore the different reading. I have use different setup kits to check, and it also give me different readings.
Hi Birdman, I purchased a moorespeed cyclone last week and built Friday/Saturday and did notice that my rear toe was not even both sides. It should be the same 3deg both sides with the 3 deg block. As you look at the car from the front the left rear wheel is only toeing in 1.5deg and the right 3deg when running the standard 3deg block.
I did speak to Mirage Technical and they have tried to help but no joy. I have disassembled the rear of the car and checked everything. I removed the rear pivot pins and rolled them along a flat piece of glass and they are perfect, I have swapped both rear wishbones and hubs for my Tamiya ones and still no change.
I did notice that my cyclone has different colour of carbon than older versions that makes up the chassis, top deck and suspension mounts. Mirage said that HPI have recently changed there carbon supplier and it looks like for a cheaper version IMO, the carbon weave bends as it runs down the chassis and is very light in shade in comparison to the older black carbon. I'm wondering if the holes are incorrectly positioned and this makes my car crab badly. I also do not no where to go next as it is very difficult to find the reason.

Can Anyone Help Please?