R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rc10ntc3
Thread: Rc10ntc3
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2003, 09:12 PM
bbntc3

Harry: racing really sucked this weekend! Car ran good first heat finished 2nd. Second heat car was good but after first lap the K centax exploded! Thrust brg was gone and blew both clutch plates out of the car. All the clutch clearances were right and the adjusting nut did'nt back off, I had it apart the night before the race and theres was nothing wrong with it. I greased the thrust brg, but I don't see where greasing it helps any, the manual with the clutch says nothing about greasin it! and when I do grease it after the heat race theres no grease to be found on it. Maybe grease it every race like I have been told. That's too much trouble for me on short tracks, so I may go to the 3 shoe K clutch if I can ever get it!, I have had it ordered for months . Then came the rain! WTF is up with this weather! 50mph wind down pouring rain with 1/4 balls of hail mixed in it. WTF?
The steering trouble is like the rear toe, its compressing the ends. Did you by chance check toe in after you hit the boards? I bet its off! Mine use to do it too. Also the chassis flex I always bitched about sometimes plays a role in that too. Hit the boards can tweak the chassis some and then it will flex back to normal. No BS! I think I read somewhere that Lunsford makes the Ae turnbuckles, but buy the Punisher buckle kit (shiny) it's a good investment if you are not using them. When my car would do the steering thing you talk about the toe in was always off when I checked it after each heat. I always set the car backup on the Hudy after each heat race. I'm using GS ball ends and Lunsford TI balls, and the punisher buckles. The steering was very tight, matter a fact too tight for a few races then it loosens right up. Now when I recheck the toe its exactly where I set it.
As far as the K tank goes, I'm not really happy with it but I have it working ok. The engine is very sensitive to settings with it. At first yes 5 mins was a struggle. I top off when its time to go to the line and I can get about 6 mins out of it, but that's pushing it. MY car comes off the track on 30% nitro and 8% oil at about 240 degrees in a 10 min main. With the BMI chassis and the BMI mounts the exhaust outlet is almost on the tank, maybe .020 clearance. When I removed the engine today theres a small burn mark in the tank. Not Good!!!!