R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Odds of a 'Test Drive'?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Mugen MBX-5
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by D_Lite
No...this will be my first attempt at off-road RC...my previous off-road experience is more with 4x4s and mountain bikes! I love the rush of adrenaline + dirt + competition...so I've done some research and I think this is one sport I'd like to try my hand at!

oh, and I'm definately NOT a crack-head....so too bad I'm not in Canada, Mugen MBX-5, or I'd take you up on the offer to try out your buggy!

and xlgraphicspro, your suggestion on volunteer marshall is a good one...if anyone has recommendations on which track in So. Calif is friendliest to 'strangers'...I'd appreciate it!

lol, im not calling you one or saying you look like one. im just saying, if some respectable, trustable, guy comes up to me and explains his (your) situation, id let him try my car, id tell him "watch out, its pretty damn fast" because there are some "noobs" that will just floor it straight into a curb like an idiot, so i (they) will probably tell you something along those lines, maybe a "be careful, please dont wreck it". but im sure most people would let you take it for a lap or two. and maybe even volunteer to marshall, i wouldnt mind marshalling a race or two just for fun, ive never even been around another rc car'er let alone marshalling a race

and yeah, id let someone drive my car anytime, if they broke it im sure theyd pay for it, and if they didnt, pay for it yourself, it cant be that much damage done.

ps: what kind of mountain biking do you do? what kinda bike do you got? got any pics? heres my bike?

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1375745/

and what do you mean by 4x4? truck or quad? i have a quad too, but we wont go there