R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mi3 -vs- TC5
Thread: Mi3 -vs- TC5
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 08:46 PM
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steve eaves
Again anything can be broken,i drove for schumacher and it is an excellent car but there arms are brittle,no issue at all with the tc5
Schumacher Mi3 has 3 different arm materials; Carbon Fiber (kit standard), Medium Glass Fiber and Ultraflex Low Glass fiber.

If you crash a lot the C/F arms can crack but they rarely completely break. The Medium front arms give more steering and are VERY difficult to break. They are the hot setup for asphalt and rubber carpet racing. The rear arms never break and we keep those C/F to reduce rear traction for more rotation and corner speed.

The Ultra Flex arms are...uh...pretty much for bashers and for training your 6 years old to drive. You can't break them as they seem to be made from rubber...lol! They are too soft to be useful for racing.

FYI, I was the US sales manager for Schumacher for 6 years before Shawn. After I left I could have raced any car I wanted to run...I chose to keep running the Mi3.

The bottom line is that the Mi3 is so adjustable you have no excuses. If you you can't an Mi3 to work you won't get anything to work. Even though you can adjust anything to any degree you want its still easy to setup because we have so many good setups for different types of tracks. No matter where you race some one on Schumacher Corner has a setup that will get your car 97% perfect for your track. The last 3% is very fine tuning (shock angle, camber, etc.).. and thats up to you.