R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JP racing black mod motors
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 07:39 PM
houston
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blowpopracer
I would stay away from a vspec but thats just my opinion. I currently run a falcon motor which is very similar to a ninja with a different crank and head. It is very smooth to drive. I would highly recommend a falcon. My other engine is a jp mod b5 black motor and it is also a very good motor but comes with alot higher pricetag. I say go falcon!

Houston, I consider a used engine anything that has seen track time beyond the break in stand. I also stay away from used engines but I do so mainly because you dont know who owned them or how they were treated. As you said if you get it from a reliable source thats one thing but buying one from a stranger is a no no for me unless it would be a REALLY good deal.
so since i break the engines in and then track tune them to alleviate any problems that the engine might have before i give them a new home , is that considered used up ? engines take a minimum of 1 gallon of fuel to actually get through the engines break in period and be at its full potential , minimum, if done properly i guarantee my engines to be free of defects when received from me and ready to race
monty