R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Ivan Dickson
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Red face

Originally Posted by Trevor villa
Just got home from trying my RRR EVO and I am a bit disapointed, I really had poor rear grip at the local track.

Even to the effect that I was thought using a drift car! I tried all types of springs and ended with Serpent reds all round.

I started out with foams but thought they must be faulty as the grip was so poor, then changed to rubbers and it got worse! Basically the back end is so loose as soon as you hit power to accelerate to come out of the corner it just spins out. You need to just have the lightest of touchs on the throttle to keep it from spinning.

Faster sweeping corners seem better but the slower ones are the trouble, tried everything from super soft up to the serpent reds all give poor grip but probably the harder the slightly better.

I dont know what the diff oils are as I have just got the car secondhand the front diff is quite stiff with the rear being easier.

I found that I was running the 23 tooth pulley to give differential and changed that to the 23 to give 1:1 drive and that seems to have sligtly improved it.

I changed back to the foams at the end of the day and it seemed a bit better than first thing but still a bit loose on the back end,

Just to cap it all the last lap as I came around the fast sweeper onto the straight the engine cut abrubtly and the car coasted to a halt.

I have just stripped the engine and have found the Sirio EVO 3 with a smashed conrod! it has broked just above the crankpin and has also taken a lump out of the skirt of the piston.

Well that was my first day with my RRR, sitting here rather fed up now.

I will get another engine tomorrow but please can someone help to change my car from a drift car to a racing car!!!!!

I am wanting to run in the rubber tyre class as most racers in my area are rubber.

Many thanks for your help

Trevor
Trevor What tire shore was you running? that will make world of a difference, may you needed a softer tire.