R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Good websites to buy ESC.
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2001, 11:03 AM
Bob-Stormer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Fangio,

We tend to shy away from up and down pricing. I don't like it or feel it's fair. One day you call and item "A" is $129.95 so you put aside some money and save up, you call us in 30 days, and item "A" is now $144.50. You grumble, becasue it's more than you thought, but you pick it up anyway. 30 days later your friend desides he likes what you have and you agree that it would be cool if you both have the same car so you could race and play. He calls up to order item "A" and this time it's $119.95. Wouldn't you be a bit irritated by that? I think so, which is why we don't do that.

We have no secret codes, no secret handshakes, no mis-understandings, nothing to miss or order at the wrong time. Just fair, consistent, and easy to follow discounted pricing. You never have to worry about paying to much or ordering at the wrong time. I like that. and think our customers do too. There are people that really enjoy what Tower does with their codes. For Tower that seems to work and their customers seem to like that as well. It just seems to me, if you can sell it for less, but need a code to do it... why not just sell it for less without the code?

Usually, we set a low price, if we can, we lower it again as supply and pricing issues iron out (like for quantity, etc...).

Everything is always on sale at a discounted price here, and our inventory is deep. A sale price is useless if you don't have the item in stock.

Good Racing,
Bob Stormer
Stormer Hobbies