R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2003, 07:19 AM
hawker
Tech Fanatic

Default sad times

hi guys

I'm sorry to say that I'm just about to give up on my Evo 3, over the last 3 or 4 races meets I've had nothing but trouble, and even before that since I first got it. I can't get any speed out of it and too top it all off I burst a shock absorber tonight which is the least of my worries.

I'm running stock 27T Johnno Class On a high grip carpet surface, we run control tires and the johnno 27T. Handling issues I can deal with but gear ratios I just can't figure out. I was running a 90Spur with the 41 Pinion which was the fastest I could get out of it till a mate said he had the same problem with his Evo 2 and said to leave the pinion but change the spur to the 96T I did that and the car has just about doubled in speed, but no where NEAR the leading cars.

Plz, does anyone have any working setups for this type of running surface? Plz plz plz post em. I'll run this season out and see what happens but its not looking good .

I bought a TA04 TRF as my other car for running out doors, I gave that a run and it was on par with most of the leading cars straight off, so I don't know what to do now.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Matt