R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Hebiki
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bmmer701
hi just want to ask if you will remove the shims under the front rear, and rear rear blocks?

i race in asphalt, my setup is somehow like the tarmac setup that you can download at hbeurope website however, i changed somethings, like 0 deg pivot block(front) 1mm shim under front front pivot block and 2mmshims under front rear pivot blocks. 2mm ackerman, 35wt oil front and rear (2holes) (no foam) 4.5ride height front and rear, and 6 droop front and rear in droop gauge(i think it's 3.5mm above ride height if i'm not mistaken) .then the rest is the same. i want to have more on power steering and off power steering (a little bit will be great) any help will greatly appreciate it.

(what i have something in mind is changing the springs to a softer one like tamiya yellows and add a little droop on the rear)

btw, running mod 4.5 and 3.5 with lipo

thanks
i ran my AME Cyclone last sat with 2mm underneath all the blocks using a Hot Bodies Mazda6. for tomorrow's race I removed all the spacers and will be using a Protoform MazdaSpeed6.

with those two huge changes... my car should have lots and lots of steering all around. ill post again and let you guys know what i find.

btw. im using Andy Moore's worlds set up.

bmmer701 since your running mod... i think removing ALL of the spacers might be too big of a change? why not just try going from a 1.5mm spacer all around to 1mm? just a thought.