View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 02:20 PM
maxepower
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Balance job!

Originally Posted by dendog220
hello 415 owners:

How do your car behave with 3200 lipo batteries?

I converted my 415 into a foam carpet car (using HPI pro4 front turn knukles) and 4mm thick bottom chassis plate.

The weight balance of my car is way off, especially on the front right corner, where there is barely any weight resting on it ==> the right front and left rear shocks barely rest on its spring (it's almost hanging in the air), and made my droop setting really difficult and inaccurate. The car is therefore heavily tweaked, with oversteering in a left turn and heavy understeer in a right turn.

I'm using Novak 10.5 on my car. Adding lead weight to the car doesn't really help.

Can anyone who raced your 415 with lipo batteries give me some input about this... I can't bear to watch my top-class car staying out of tune and uncompetitive...

thanks a lot, everyone!
Tryhard is correct, I'm using Orion 3600's with 10.5 Novak and I double backed lead weight to the far right side of the battery. I use the string theory, i.e. run a string through the notch in the center of the shock towers across from front to rear then add weight to the battery until the chassis is level. Again put the weight directly on the battery so if you decide to go back to Nimh you don't have to keep taking weight off and on.
After that,I ran my 415 and couldn't tell the difference from lipo to nimh the balance was perfect. Now, I dont' plan on going back to nimh but for practice I still like to use my old batteries to keep them in condition.
Just my 2$