R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tub Cyclone `S`
Thread: Tub Cyclone `S`
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 09:05 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

eric7 - HPI and Hot Bodies arer the same company.

When I got my TA05, it was good, but it took some time for me to get it the point where I really like it. I have added several hop ups and in the GT3 TCS class it runs pretty well. Not as good as the top guys. It's a little heavier than the Cyclone "S" I think. I have never checked the weight with a scale. however. The TA05 is harder to work on when it comes to the diff area, and with the center motor mount on the TA05 placement of the ESC is easier on the Cyclone "S." Weaknesses of the Cyclone "S" for are the steering knuckles and steering turnbuckles. The knuckles which are Pro knuckles and can break with a hit at the wrong angle and the steering turnbuckles are little small in diameter and can pull out. Of course, if I drove better these would not be a problem. The car responded well to sway bars and spring adjustments. I am in the process of trying to return mine to box stock so can run it in that class in the HPI Challenge series. If you buy one you might want to leave off the rear bunper. It sits up high and when it breaks it can chip the chassis. I bougth mine used and it came that way.

One of the r/c magazines about a year or year and half ago ran a test comparing the Cyclone "S" and T2R. The Cyclone "S" was slightly better.

I am not a very good painter either. I am beginning to use more interior decals.