R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hard case lipo pack under $35.00 bucks!?!?
Old 03-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Dan/Ultraline
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbipro
Well, my Yeah Racing pack showed up today. First I unpacked it from its little box for an examination. First, I took hold of it to see if it would flex or twist, I'm happy to report the case is solid, case seems to be well made and fits well. Second was the wire, I was sooo worried it was going to be that cheepo hard plastic wire crap they use on buget packs. I'm happy to report is 14g silicon syle wire which is about 6" long.
They include a black "Deans" connector knock off, that works perfectly with the normal red Deans, actually like the black connector. After a quick connector change from Tamiya to included "Deans" it was time to charge, I put it in my lipo charge sack just incase, and it was off, no problems at all, must have came with a charge already, didnt take very long. Unfortunitely I do not know what balance plug it is yet, I can tell you it is not a Apache/Hyperion, Thunderpower, or Greatplanes/Venum. I'm thinking its Kolkam, or Align style. I have adapters comming so one should fit.
The next step was to drop her in my T4 with Mamba max/5700 motor. I grabbed a hand full of throttle to see if it would cogg, and to my surprise it instantly took off and popped a wheelie as it gained traction. The motor was making such a sweet high pitched wine as is passed by, I knew this pack was delivering some serious juice. I know some will still want hard numbers, but I do not own data loggers or test equipment, I just wanted to take this pack and drop it in like the avarage joe would do to see if it worked well. Only time will tell how long it lasts.
Glad you like your battery, we are very happy w/the testing so far.

http://www.ultralinehobbies.com/inde...=559&parent=56 anyone wanting to order we have them in stock and shipping daily.