R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New XRAY 808
Thread: New XRAY 808
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 06:10 AM
rmargiotta
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

This is hard to keep up when the internet at your house is out........

Originally Posted by tex1
Rocco,
Are those shock towers hybrid laminated like the AE ones or are they just straight carbon.
I did not notice too much wear on yours.
Look forwrd to seeing the car.
I like the body. I'm old and slow so maybe that will just help the car go a little faster.
TEX
They are straight Carbon, XRAY carbon! But no, not too much wear, I may not be going that fast, but I try not to wreck as much as possible. I may bring it up to indy on Saturday, or something so I'll let you ogle over it!

Originally Posted by rregl0612
Bad A$$!! Good to see this almost complete..!! I await the few weeks I have left with much enthusiasm!! my go 7pt should be here this week.. 053 is at the hobby shop.. and all the electrics are sitting here waiting..
I am stoked...

To Rocco.. have you or any other team guys tried Losi springs on the car.. will they fit? or are the optional springs coming at release???
I think Kinwald was trying some Losi springs on the car, but yes, they do fit.
XRAY has been very good about releasing parts at the same time as the kits with the several last new kits, so I would assume we would get the springs that would be most popular, then the fine tuning (maybe harder, less standard springs) in the following orders, I'll know more and keep you guys posted as I find out...

Originally Posted by CAR
Rocco, what is the range of adjustment on the aluminum hinge pin holders?Kick up ,anti-dive ,anti-squat,rear toe ? Thanks
I'm not positive about the kickup adjustments (I'll look when I get into work) but the antisquat will range from 0-2 and 2-4 like the original XB8.

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Unfortunately, April could mean as soon as next week, or over a month from now. How about a *little* more accurate ship date?
The date on A-Main's site is pretty accurate to as when they will be able to ship from their facility, so look for it in your local shop in the last couple week of April.

rx7ttlm: 808 = B0B (its kind of one of those joke things...)