R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2003, 03:11 AM
johnbull
Tech Master

Hi guys. greetings from Malta.

BIG DOG.

You are a saint! Your last contribution was just what I needed. You hit the nail right on the head. It is my driving that is just not the style for a spool. I am not agressive enough and I use the brakes very little.

In fact when I intentionally put in a few laps of really agressive driving I will get perhaps one super quick lap, but the rest will be such a mess!

Yesterday I ran with the normal 2 LSD set up and the car handles like a dream again. So nice to drive a car that handles again!

The point is that I was considerably quicker over 5 minutes than I had ever managed with the spool. I never managed 22 lappers with the spool - I did 3 yesterday. Also, best lap times came down from 14.7 to 14.4 with very regular 14 second laps.

So I suppose I'm best sticking with what I know, for at 57 years of age I think it's going to be much more difficult trying to change my driving style.

MARZIN.

You asked about AE shocks. Well I just use straightforward TC3 with threaded bodies, and I use their unobtanium shock shafts because they are stronger. Other than that it's straightforward TC3 with No 2 pistons and 40 oil. I have also been using the new Yoke SD diaphram caps. They give the shocks a better feel in both compression and rebound, but they're not necessary.

DYFUSER.

Randman's pics detailing new servo placement are excellent. I managed to mount mine using both servo mounts. If you trim off half the inner mount it will just fit between the middle deck and the chassis. I also run my servo turned through 180 deg from Randmans. This gives me a longer turnbuckle which retains it's angle better, and better access to the servo horn. But these are just details.

You can see pics of my cars on the Yoke USA site, in their gallery. They will be about 3 pages back now.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.