R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Reedy!
Thread: Reedy!
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 06:39 PM
BILL.D
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
just got my stockstar. I notice the recommended FDR for a 2wd buggy is 10.00. Ill have to try that. I use to gear my CO27 at about 18 or 19 on the pinion and 81 on the spur, this recommended FDR is asking for 21 pinion 81 spur...

sounds good to me as long as it has the torque to push through that since it sounds a little tall to me (great for long straights tho...hmmm).

Is this one of those motors that "runs hot" to the point where i'll get confused by the heat nomatter what gearing i run it? Do i have to check the brushes after every run? Im so use to epic-based stocks that if they run "too hot" i get worried...

also, any way i can buy a few sets of brushes direct form AE or something? Im gonna put like 6 batteries of practice through it before i even show up for the JBRL then im probably gonna practice some more before cutting it lol. Im gonna need a good 3-5 sets of brushes to last me a while....
after testing the stock and the 19t the motors they do ran hot. i was geared
about a 27.5 rollout motor was hot about 120 i checked the brushes and they still looked new then i went up to a 29.5 . motor was about
135 temp check the brushes still looked good. so by saying this heat to these motor seem to be ok so gear it where the motor seems to fall off
a bit then go one tooth down . you should frind the fight gearing from there
hope that helps .
all i can say these motors are good you should get about 5 to 10 runs befor you need to retune them , long as you dont over heat the brushes, so gear up until it cant no more

Last edited by BILL.D; 03-19-2008 at 07:13 PM.