R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 08:20 AM
Shawn Palmer
Tech Regular

Hey that's awesome - now we'll have PROOF when in a week or two Adam will claim "those red smudges and cracks/dents on the nose were there when I got them!"

Killer showing at the nats guys! Marker's working on a write-up for us, and I'll get back to pimping the press about the TEAM.

Nic Case (world rc speed record owner) has been with Schuie for a while now. I've worked with him personally for the last few years, and we trade secrets and misinformation about our speed run cars on a regular basis
He's running velodrome stuff right now with an Mi3 and speed passion/CORE and just tearing them up! His previous and next speed competition car I presume will be based or be another Fusion converted to 10+cell lipo and brushless. He was hitting 140's+ consistently in practice last year, and we both are striving for the magic (and attainable) 200mph mark this year.

XER987:
I think the team guys said it best - we do not have a history of "new cars" every 6 months, and don't plan to go that route either. Running improvements (Md flex arms), responses to market needs (Lite Bulkheads, smaller spur gears), and other little things are the norm, but we're only one year into a basic normal Schumacher 2-3 year "lifespan" for a fully competition TC model.